We always need volunteers! Check out some of our current opportunities below.
HARRC Race Volunteers
To volunteer to help with a HARRC race please contact the following individuals:
HARRC after Dark 7K Aug 12: Contact Kelly Spreha at email@example.com
HARRC Conococheague 50K Ultra Trail Race Aug 1: Contact Don Halke at firstname.lastname@example.org
HARRC is the proud sponsor of the Paxtonia Interchange (Exit 72) of Rte 81.
The Club runs a route along our designated area and cleans it up afterwards – the more the merrier!
See the Sunday Run Schedule for more information.
Finish Line Team Operators
HARRC has been providing finish line timing services to local running events for more than 25 years. Our support has grown from only a few local events in the late 1980’s to about one and sometimes two events each weekend. Currently we have two experienced operators, one of whom is also the Equipment and Inventory Manager.
We need one or two more experienced operators to assume lead responsibility for providing finish line services to the requesting organizations. This includes making the initial contact with the race director and making all the necessary follow up before and during the event. The assigned operator is responsible for the pick up of finish line equipment and return to the Equipment and Inventory Manager.
We have a list of scheduled races to choose from.
CONTACT PERSON: Walt Greene
CONTACT INFO: Send an eMail to email@example.com
Inventory and Equipment Use Manager
We need a full time volunteer willing to be responsible for home storage and use of HARRC finish line equipment.
CONTACT PERSON: Walt Greene
CONTACT INFO: Call 717-761-5178 or Send an eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Race Director
We never have enough different volunteers to direct the weekly Sunday Runs. Having different courses and locations each week keeps our Sunday Runs fun and interesting.
What does a Sunday Race Director do? ***
- Go out early to a pre-measured course and put up some directional arrows or orange cones so runners know where to turn.
- Go back to the start and wait for the runners to arrive (which for some reason tends to be all at once in the last five to ten minutes before the start!).
- Jot down names on a notepad, get a wristwatch ready and tell the runners to start running.
- Sit around for a while, walk the dog or spend time with a friend until the runners start coming back and we record their names and finishing times.
- After the last person finishes, we collect any arrows and cones we have out.
- Sometime later that day we email email@example.com with the race results and they’ll get posted on the website that night or the day after.
Piece of cake! We’re always looking for new courses and new Directors, even if you only do it once or twice during the year.
*** While bringing water and cookies is not “required”, doing so will score you many points with the runners.
CONTACT INFO: Send an eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org
HARRC needs a few volunteers to update content on our website www.harrc.org.
CONTACT PERSON: Brad Colwell or Deb Schneider
CONTACT INFO: email@example.com